Congrats on the honeymoon.

Much of this depends on how autonomous the sub company is with its own
IT - especially it's firewall handling. So, in part this is a
political question.

If you have been handling that anyway, then definitely the second
option - one machine is easier to do than two.

If they are going to fight you on the firewalling, then you will need
to get policy set by the executive staff to sort this out, and make
your choice at that point.

Kurt