We will be moving our office to a new building around Oct. 1st (for most
of which I'll be gone on honeymoon in sept.) and with the move one of
our sub-companies will move into the same office space.  Currently they
are on a separate network and will need to remain on a separate network
due to the information and the type of services they offer (can hear the
jokes now).  At the same time, we will be removing our servers from a
hosted datacenter and will bring them onsite (which of course means more
work for me and less play time).

So what I was thinking of setting up with the new network would be one
of two ways:

1st option:

-          Internet Frac T3 --> FW --> Managed switch

-          At the managed switch we would setup a DMZ and then point the
sub-companies server to the switch, our DC to the switch and the
'production servers' to the switch

-          The sub company wouldn't be able to get onto our network and
we wouldn't be able to get on their network (only exception to this
would be the CEO, COO and myself)

2nd option:

-          Internet Frac t3 -->FW

-          FW would have four nics in it... one for the sub-company, one
for our main company, one for the production servers and one for direct
connection to the router(s)

We will also be putting in place better security since we will be
bringing our production servers (email, SQL, web, terminal) onsite and
have client nationwide accessing our system.  As I mentioned above, the
sub company needs to use the same internet connection as the rest of the
company, but needs to remain separate from the main company's network.

Which option would work the best?  Or is there a better option than
what's listed above?

Cameron Cooper

Network Administrator | CompTIA A+ Certified

Aurico Reports, Inc

Phone: 847-890-4021 | Fax: 847-255-1896

ccoo...@aurico.com <mailto:ccoo...@aurico.com>  | www.aurico.com