I've been running VIPRE Enterprise in two different environments for
over two years, one with 175 nodes and one with 250 nodes.

Yes, there have been issues with false positives during that time and
they've been more than an annoyance.  However, since the files have
been quarantined and not deleted I've been able to restore them
without much of a problem.  No down systems as a result in my
experience.

And yes, the client infection rates have definitely reduced after
switching from McAfee Viruscan and MS Forefront to VIPRE.  I can't
give you firm stats but before switching to VIPRE we used to deal with
3-5 rouge av issues per month.  That dropped on 1 or 2 after
installing VIPRE and I can't recall a single incident in the past
couple months.

In addition to a better catch rate VIPRE has also had less drain on
system performance than the previous av products.  Again, not directly
measurable but users don't complain about the long and slow scan times
like they used to do.  On my personal machine, the deep scan for
Forefront used to take 5 hours or more.  With VIPRE that dropped to
about 3½.

In my mind an occasional FP is a trade-off for the enhanced
protection, lower impact on system performance, ease of management,
and overall product satisfaction.

Die dulci fruere!

Roger Wright
___