From: Ralph Smith [mailto:m...@gatewayindustries.org]
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 2:20 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Vipre effectiveness & false positives

I've had VIPRE for a couple of years now, and was fortunately not hit hard with
the false positive problems others have had.  With about 180 Win XP machines,
I've had only a half dozen infections in that time - all but one of the rogue
AV kind, so I have been feeling pretty good.

However, the chart that was linked to is a bit worrying - the only popular
business class AV solution that scored worse was CA (my former solution), and
most of the others - McAfee, ESET, Kaspersky, Sophos to name a few - show
significantly better results.

It would be interesting to hear a comment from Sunbelt - a little reassurance
needed here. :-)