Details - have a PTR record I am unable to get rid of. I can delete it, immediately refresh the zone, and there it is. The machine name in the record is in all caps, which is unusual. There is no corresponding forward record. This machine has not existed for a long time, was a fax server long ago.

All our zones are propagated to all DNS servers in the AD forest. I've tried connecting to several DC's at one time, enumerating that reverse zone, deleting the record on all of them. No help. I've tried through ADSIEdit, and interestingly, this record does not exist there. It does show up in the DNS console as a 'static' record, but I'm at a loss where it's coming from. Looked in WINS, nothing there.

Anyone have an idea for me?