I think Microsoft has come a long from from 3.1 to 2008. ;-)

From: Free, Bob [mailto:r...@pge.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 3:27 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Patches

LOL. I learned about the old NT 3.1 RK tool delpart many years ago when a
colleague interrupted an NT 4 SP on his personal WS because "it was taking
too long"

Nothing else would fix it. Couldn't do anything with the box until the
partition was removed with delpart. I learned at his expense to never
interrupt a service pack.