From: itli...@imcu.com [mailto:itli...@imcu.com]
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2010 10:08 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Let's have some fun and configure a brand new server.

Other apps are specifically our Core Business App (CUBE from Fiserv).  It
doesn't take a lot of RAM or processor but I wanted it separate from SQL and
the OS so that is why it is segregated.

My only issue with the Reporting database is that it is created dynamically
throughout the day so extra network IO may not be nice for all the users.
However, I do know of one of my sister companies, that use CUBE, has this dual
setup thing with their IBM's.  They complain about throughput issues as much as
I do.

Thanks for the input.
Mostly this is a SQL server with a transactional database.