De: richardmccl...@aspca.org <richardmccl...@aspca.org>
Asunto: What IP has this MAC?
Para: "NT System Admin Issues" <ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Fecha: martes, 24 de agosto, 2010 10:16

Greetings!

I am experiencing a bit of a network
problem with, at the moment, is more of an annoyance (but could easily
get bigger!).  Somewhere I have a NIC spewing out gratuitious ARP
packets.  (I did eventually hunt it down, but for the future...)

Using Wireshark, I have the MAC address
of the offending NIC.  Again, for the future, is there a ping command
switch or something else which will enable me to enter the MAC address
and have the IP returned?

Wireshark does indicate the offender
is a Dell system.  However, being mostly a Dell shop, pinging each
node here and then examining my ARP cache is rather slow...

Thanks!

--

Richard D. McClary

Systems Administrator,
Information Technology Group

ASPCA®

1717 S. Philo Rd, Ste
36

Urbana, IL  61802

richardmccl...@aspca.org

P: 217-337-9761

C: 217-417-1182

F: 217-337-9761

www.aspca.org

The information contained
in this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is from The American Society
for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals® (ASPCA®)
and is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination,
distribution, copying or use of the contents of this e-mail, and any attachments
hereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please immediately notify me by reply email and permanently delete the
original and any copy of this e-mail and any printout thereof.