You can also just mass select the accounts in ADUC, right click properties and
hit the checkbox for must change password at next login. That is how I did our
migration to more complex passwords. That let me do it a department at a time
and control the help desk load.

From: Andrew S. Baker [mailto:asbz...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2010 10:35 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Minimum password length GPO

Change the password age. :)

That'll take impact rather quickly.

ASB (My XeeSM Profile)<http://XeeSM.com/AndrewBaker>
Exploiting Technology for Business Advantage...

Signature powered by
<http://www.wisestamp.com/email-install?utm_source=extension&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=footer>

WiseStamp<http://www.wisestamp.com/email-install?utm_source=extension&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=footer>

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 9:48 AM, Ben Scott
<mailvor...@gmail.com<mailto:mailvor...@gmail.com>> wrote:
On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 9:42 AM, David Mazzaccaro
<david.mazzacc...@hudsonhhc.com<mailto:david.mazzacc...@hudsonhhc.com>> wrote:
> If a default domain policy GPO states "min password length is 7" and I
> change it to "min password length 8"... what will happen to those users who
> are currently using 7 characters?
 Password policy is enforced when a password is changed, not at
logon.  So existing passwords which do not meet password policy will
continue to work.

 It would be nice to have an option to re-check passwords at logon
and force a change if non-complaint with current policy, but that
doesn't exist, AFAIK.

-- Ben