From: Matthew W. Ross [mailto:mr...@ephrataschools.org]
Sent: Friday, September 10, 2010 5:01 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: OT: Paging, Bell and Intercom Systems?

I hate the intercom/bell system in our schools. Not that there is anything
wrong with them, but they're troublesome, difficult to program, and very old.

I've got the opportunity to try a new system in a tiny school with only 4
rooms. So I' have been looking at IP based systems. So far, I've found that
they are mostly SIP phone systems with special (and very expensive) VOIP
speakers. Is there a system that can use existing analog speakers, but the
"head-end" is IP Addressable? Or perhaps there are cheaper VOIP
speakers/adapters out there somewhere?

Can anybody here recommend for (or against) such a system? I _need_ the
following features:

* Broadcasting (All Call)
* Medium to Complex bell schedules to specific zones.
* Two way communication with a specific room.

It's a long shot, but I figured I would ask.

--Matt Ross
Ephrata School District