From: Ben Scott [mailto:mailvor...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 9:55 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: [OT] Webcams (USB cameras)

Hi all,

  Anyone here care to comment on brands/models for a webcam?  That is, a small,
USB-attached camera, suitable for mounting on top of an LCD monitor.

  The owner wants to do video conferencing, so that's my problem now.
All he wants to do is use it with the Skype, MSN and/or AIM chat clients.

  We have a Logitech QuickCam from another project.  It is okay, but the
software is crap: Bloated, slow, buggy, confusing UI, fancy UI skin instead of
conventional UI widgets, needs a Windows service and a couple of startup items,
etc., etc.  Probably full of security holes too.  I'm wondering if anyone
else's offerings are better, or if that's just what to expect in this product
space.

advTHANKSance

-- Ben

..