From: David Lum [mailto:david....@nwea.org]
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 7:17 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Kick Ass Sysadmin (was RE: It appears that the Symantec Virus has
affected PGP already)

The place with the ad you mean? I don't remember, but here's one in NY that is
not completely different:
http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=1007553

I do think I am generaly kick-ass, just don't call me an expert at anything. My
specialty is the near-vertical leanning curve that is needed on an occcasional
basis. I get stuff like this almost every month:
Q. "Hey Dave, is this possible?"
-or-
"Hey this infrastructure piece is down and the guy who usually manages it is
out and there's no documentation, can you make it work?"

In both cases:
A. "No clue..I mean in theory it is somehow possible" <run off>  <back in 45
minutes> "yeah we can do it, here's a script/tool/some other clever capability".

The answer of course sometimes comes from this list, or Exchange list, or
Michael B. Smith.

Ok I'm not kick ass at all, but I know how to contact a LOT of guys who are...

Dave "my expertise is knowing experts and how to contact them" Lum