On your past statement of; it's not adequate for reckless behavior. Nothing
is. If you go looking for trouble, you're going to find it. The arguments
here are strange. Some say, you shouldn't use it because MS makes both the
OS and the AV. But couldn't that also make them the ideal org to make the AV
software? Some say it doesn't compare to top tier AV products. Like what?
Norton? McaFee? Seem like every malware infested home computer I get has a
"top tier" commercial product protecting it.

AV is voodoo. It's a dark art. No AV out there is 100%. But as the free ones
go, for personal or SoHo, MSSE is as good as any. I don't have to deal with
a bunch of people calling once a year to update their AVG that only mentions
the commercial product when a new version comes out, or the full screen once
a day banner ads Avira tosses at you.

If none of that matters to you, use Comodo. It's free for personal or
commercial use per it's license.

--
Mike Gill