   business needs
   - Life Cycle of the hardware, some vendors EOL their stuff pretty quickly
   forcing you into a hardware refresh or increased support costs, see bullet
   #2 above
   - Ask for customer references, it's always nice to hear from others how
   they feel about their purchase, its usability and their regrets
   - And the hardest one of all...  Management of the SAN, some vendors will
   let you try before you buy...  And until you manage your own SAN, you have
   no idea how easy or difficult it will be.