We have an existing PointSec implementation, and are moving towards PGP
and/or Bitlocker.

-sc

From: greg.swe...@actsconsulting.net
[mailto:greg.swe...@actsconsulting.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 1:40 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: disk encryption

Ben,

We have done clients with whole disk encryption on the laptops.  Works
great.  Doesn't protect against anything when the system is actually
running, only when the laptops are stolen.  PGP Desktop Whole disk is
what we used then, but I would seriously look at Truecrypt now.  Nice
thing about PGP was the centralized management we had for maintaining
PGP passwords and accounts.

All of the data is stored on the server 2008 via RDP.  They use it both
internally and externally.  No data is stored on desktops or servers.
Desktops are locked down via GP and basically have a single icon for
RDP, or are running thin clients.

Takes care of most security issues, but if the servers have a problem
you hear about it quick.  :-)

Greg Sweers

CEO

ACTS360.com <http://www.acts360.com/>