Gpresult /v shows something odd. Below is an edited version of the results. The
"TCHS SMART Sync 2010 Student Computer Assignment Policy" is the policy that
pushes down the app. But it only does so to machines that are members of a
group called "TCHS SMART Sync 2010 Student Computers." Now, the computer in
question (TCHS-115-S02) *is* a member of that group, as confirmed by looking in
ADUC. Yet gpresult says it's not.

So if the machine doesn't know it's a member of the group, why is it trying to
apply the software assignment policy at all? I don't get that.

And the assignment is failing with event IDs 101, 102, and 108.

Applied Group Policy Objects
    -----------------------------
        TCHS SMART Sync 2010 Student Computer Assignment Policy

    The following GPOs were not applied because they were filtered out

    The computer is a part of the following security groups
        BUILTIN\Administrators
        Everyone
        BUILTIN\Users
        NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK