From: Jonathan Link [mailto:jonathan.l...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2010 10:13 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Windows 7 question

Perhaps...
I don't use SpyBot anymore, so I can't comment about Win7 compatibilities,
since Vista had UAC, I'd imagine that it would work that way, but I've seen
more trouble with apps that worked under Vista not working under Win7, than
apps working on XP not working on Win7.

In general, when working with an unknown system, nuking and repaving is much
faster than trying to clean out malware and then being unsure that you got
it all.  Is it a pain?  Sure, but so is being without a computer for several
hours/days and then having a nagging feeling at the back of my mind that I'm
giving them a less than optimal system.  Also, garage clients and friends
get the, don't run as admin speech and if I nuke and repave, they get two
different accounts...
On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 9:42 AM, John Aldrich <jaldr...@blueridgecarpet.com>