From: Joseph L. Casale [mailto:jcas...@activenetwerx.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 12:40 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Office Printers

>  Ah, I see.  Some ideas:
/snip

Yeah, that's why I was intending on using procmail and scan-to-email so
attachments would never
see my exchange server. Pretty sure I could whip something up based on who
they email it to (Themselves).
A better solution so they don't even have to leave the doc on the machine
like they used to and run
to their desk to scan.

I have a PDFCreator install as a server instance that drops the pdf in their
private folder, but it runs
as an admin, so they couldn't see it (Access Based Enum). I noticed
pdfcreator has the option to run
a script after and supports passing in the filename and REDMON_USER (ad
username) so I whipped
up a SetACL vb script which just sets perms when it's done. Sort of how I
intend to solve the new
scanner issue with send to email functionality along with keeping a zillion
attachments out of my
db.

That solved one pdf printer to manage but when this machine arrives coupled
with the fact office 2010
doesn't have the scan ware anymore I suspect no end of bitching, sigh...

jlc