I'll grant you that SSDs will be much faster for the functions you mention,
but the only thing that takes a little while is backing up the VMs.
 Suspending them and rebooting the host doesn't actually take a lot of time
at all.   In fact, the physical host can suspend the guests and reboot
faster than my currently physical Exchange 2007 server does.

I'm going to be testing Exchange 2010 in a VM as soon as I add some memory
to the server, so I'll let you know how that goes.     (Actually, come to
think of it, I recently put together a similar Hyper-V host server at work
already for testing -- bumped it up to 10GB RAM just this week -- so I'll
look into the performance of that in a week or two.  It's a Dell T5400)

For my purposes, the space afforded by 1TB of SATA is preferable to the
speed of 128GB of SSD.   The cost differential to get to the storage level
that I need would undermine much for the benefit of being virtual in the
first place (for me).

*ASB *(My XeeSM Profile) <http://XeeSM.com/AndrewBaker>
*Exploiting Technology for Business Advantage...*
* *