I'm using SATA drives.   I am able to run 5 guests actively without any
issues.  (I can get 6, but it depends on which 6 <g>)

I need to get up to 10GB or 12GB of RAM, and I'll be happy.

I have two DCs, File Services, Email Security, Server & Network Monitoring,
Syslog, WSUS, and some game serving (Freelancer)

Each guest was given 1GB RAM, except for the monitoring/patching server
which has 1.5GB RAM and 2 CPUs.

They don't *feel* like VMs, either.  Nice and spiffy access.

Currently, my Ubuntu Linux VM is down.  I might steal 256MB from each DC to
give the Linux box enough breathing space.  Or, I'll just get up to the 10GB
RAM mark.

More info here:
http://home.asbzone.com/ASB/archive/2010/02/22/home-network-overhaul-2010-conclusion.aspx

I'll be upgrading the network diagram next month, because I made some
changes since I posted this.

*ASB *(My XeeSM Profile) <http://XeeSM.com/AndrewBaker>
*Exploiting Technology for Business Advantage...*
* *

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 9:49 AM, Raper, Jonathan - Eagle <jra...@eaglemds.com