From: Sam Cayze [mailto:sca...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 11:27 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: non-APC batteries?

Can you just ship the battery?

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Schmahl [mailto:listm...@schmahl.net]
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2010 7:09 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues

Hello Adam, hope it's not too late to reply...

At my dayjob we use the services of Costal Business Machines. They ship an
empty box for the UPS with a return label. We ship it and in a week or so
it's returned with a new battery. Additionally they test the rest of the
components and replace whatever else is necessary. It's then under warranty
for a year. The cost is fractional compared to a new device and it's nice to
know the entire UPS is under warranty, not just the battery."

The rep I go through is Bowman Hood 800-944-9320 x111 bh...@cbmi.com

--
-Rick

AG> Needing to replace battery on a 3-yr-old APC SmartUPS 1000xl ... any
AG> reason not to go with a less expensive non-APC alternative (like

http://www.thenerds.net/AMERICAN_BATTERY.ABC_Replacement_Battery_Cartrige7.R
BC7.html)?

AG> Thanks,
AG> Adam

AG> ~ Finally, powerful endpoint security that ISN'T a resource hog! ~
AG> ~ <http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Business/VIPRE-Enterprise/>  ~

AG> ---
AG> To manage subscriptions click here:
AG> http://lyris.sunbelt-software.com/read/my_forums/
AG> or send an email to listmana...@lyris.sunbeltsoftware.com
AG> with the body: unsubscribe ntsysadmin

Any medical information contained in this electronic message is CONFIDENTIAL
and privileged. It is unlawful for unauthorized persons to view, copy,
disclose, or disseminate CONFIDENTIAL information. This electronic message may
contain information that is confidential and/or legally privileged. It is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) and/or entity named as
recipients in the message. If you are not an intended recipient of this
message, please notify the sender immediately and delete this material from
your computer. Do not deliver, distribute or copy this message, and do not
disclose its contents or take any action in reliance on the information that it
contains.