I am not a TS person and have only ever setup 1 pure TS in my career.  I
would advise looking at the recommendation from Project: Virtual Reality
Check.  They will give you unbiased info/data on what works best for
configuration details.  Project: VRC has gotten so influential that
Microsoft, Citrix, VMware, HP and other vendors now use the VRC scripts for
all their testing and design white papers.  VMware has gotten burned by VRC
in the past and had to fix major bugs in their software.  Several VMware
public fixes were originally private fixes specifically for TS issues that
VRC found.

Of course, the two guys heading up VRX are fellow CTPs! J

Thanks

Carl Webster

Citrix Technology Professional

http://dabcc.com/Webster

From: David Lum [mailto:david....@nwea.org]
Subject: RE: Terminal Server or VPN? Now TS on VM Q's too

Andrew this is actually my thinking. Licensing is quite cheap (under $2K for
100 seats), a purchase req got submitted this week - I am fortunate that $2K
is quite small beans in light of the other costs of this move.

My next question is - given an 8CPU 64Gb RAM host system (times two), does
it make sense to have more than 1 TS Server VM per physical host? ESX is the
VM host softwware, so I don't know if it make sense to have 1 monster 64-bit
VM per physical system or have 2-3 per. I'm thinking one big TS VM per side
saves overhead of additional VM systems.

Thoughts, comments? I do have the 2008 TS Resource Kit and while excellent,
it doesn't cover VM's thoroughly enough to answer that question.

I have TS Web access working internaly, and a basic TS 2K8 server up, the
practice I don't have is TS Gateway. I think I can get there in 3-4 weeks
and have some testing time, but we'll see...