VIPRE has full coverage of Conficker, including all the new variants.

If there is a detection issue, it's generally a configuration thing.

________________________________
From: justino garcia [mailto:jgarciaitl...@gmail.com]
Sent: Biernes, Nobyembre 19, 2010 4:40 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: vipre: SVCHOST.EXE virus.

So any ideas? is COnficker2 not being stoped by vipre?
On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 3:33 PM, RS
<rich...@gmail.com<mailto:rich...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Oof!  (TM -sc)
On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 3:22 PM,
<richardmccl...@aspca.org<mailto:richardmccl...@aspca.org>> wrote:

Personally, I'd prefer using AntiVirus 2010 over McAfee.

When you get things under control, could you please share with us what it was
which tipped you off, what it was doing, etc?  I think many of us are curious
now.
--
Richard D. McClary
Systems Administrator, Information Technology Group

richardmccl...@aspca.org<mailto:richardmccl...@aspca.org>

P: 217-337-9761
C: 217-417-1182
F: 217-337-9761
www.aspca.org<http://www.aspca.org/>

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachments hereto, is from
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals(r) (ASPCA(r)) and
is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain
legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, copying or use of the contents of this e-mail, and any
attachments hereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please immediately notify me by reply email and permanently delete the
original and any copy of this e-mail and any printout thereof.

justino garcia <jgarciaitl...@gmail.com<mailto:jgarciaitl...@gmail.com>> wrote
on 11/18/2010 02:09:44 PM:

>  Vipre did not detect it, or clean it. Anti-virus definitions were
> up to date,  active scanner was running as well, so I'm a bit
> concerned the active scanner didn't pick it up.
> The virus was still loading in his run command in the registry so I
> had to uninstall Vipre and put my own copy of McAfee on his machine
> to get rid of the virus.

> Any ideas??
> --
> Justin