I wouldn't recommend that, personally. Educate the users not to use the
Recycle Bin as a storage area, by all means, but it does give them the
option to restore deleted files without bothering the helpdesk.

However, as most of my users all have networked drives, they don't get the
option to use the Recycle Bin anyway. But VSS covers that - however they
need education in that too, as in not to restore entire drives back to an
earlier time.

On 3 December 2010 03:25, VIPCS <vi...@stny.rr.com> wrote:

> Change the group policies to automatically delete files when moved to the
> recycle bin, but make sure you tell the users before you change the policy,
> and make sure you have management buy in before you make the change.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Jeffrey and Mary Jane Harris
> VIPCS

"On two occasions...I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr Babbage, if you put into
the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able
rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such
a question."