Check out Teamviewer for remote management...

>>> Fergal O'Connell <foconn...@curamsoftware.com> 12/8/2010 3:25 PM >>>
Jim,
A user will pretty much RDP into their desktop and therefore have full access
to the full development environment - all other core services that are not
public lie OWA etc.

Another option that is management and I have to consider is using a 3rd party
vendor to provide the solution for us - like logmein.com etc

Win2008 R2 TS is something else that I have too look into but have very little
knowledge or experience in that area.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim McAtee [mailto:j...@zolx.com]
Sent: 08 December 2010 20:08
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Remote access - Allow employees work from home

How many of these suggestions are being given in the context of a software
development environment?  What do the remote developers actually need access
to?  In many cases it's only to code repositories.  Do they need RDP access to
their desktops?  What about build systems?  Can Citrix be used effectively in
either case without introducing a billion other headaches?