On 12/14/2010 12:54 PM, VIPCS wrote:
> If you use the psexec command as the user to run a command (i.e., cmd.exe),
> does it work?

No. psexec never executes anything. Not cmd.exe, not echo, not anything.

> Or is it specific to a VBScript file?

The problem is not the VBscripts (as I have not even tried doing that
with psexec yet). The vbscripts themselves work perfectly, when executed
from the command line, while logged in as the same user I am using to
test out psexec. I execute them manually all the time, without incident.

> Since the script fails to run at all (rather than reporting an error
> running), it is likely that the problem is not with the VBScript code, but
> that it is a VBScript file at all (unless psexec fails to execute on the
> system at all).

psexec fails with " Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.",
regardless of what command I tell it to execute. I am not running the
VBscript yet; I am merely trying to get psexec to run ANYTHING locally
as the specified user, and it is not doing so.