I have some hope that it won't as much - the carriers have no real way
of customising WP7 like Android, other than adding their own apps.
Also, one would *hope* that MS have more experience in the whole
patching/SP'ing of products and pushing that out to various carriers
(again, to the original point, there should be far less scope for a
release to cause an issue with an individual carrier/handset with WP7
than Android .. in theory).

I'm really torn between an Android handset such as the Desire HD and a
WP7 phone such as the Samsung Omnia 7 (the handset it great, but a
little ugly).  I don't "do" Mac .. ethically, aesthetically,
baah-baahlly or anything elsely!!  Since I have a Hotmail address from
15 years back, use Messenger and have an Xbox live account (I'm not a
huge MS-o-phile, honest!), it seems like the integration would be
tighter on WP7 than Android, but I'm not sure how much of an issue this
is in reality.

Owing to not being a 15 year old girl, or working in PR/marketing, the
total amount of apps in 100s of thousands doesn't really seem very
relevant as long the basic killer apps are covered, which hopefully is a
given.  ;o)