<STEREOTYPE> That's cos we don't eat portions of quite the same size as our
American friends <END STEREOTYPE>

If we're talking food, give me a good home-made curry any day.

On 5 January 2011 15:51, Alan Davies <adav...@cls-services.com> wrote:

> And I was sure coming from that side of the pond you were going to be
> talking about rump!! ;P
>
> I don't think we're "into" pork as much over here.  It's a cheap roast with
> crackling and apple sauce or cheap pork chops (and MUCH thinner than the US
> portions I've seen!).  You do see pork ribs during the summer for BBQ
> fodder, but not so much.  Obviously, we have a lot of ham, bacon & sausages,
> but not the large cuts of meat that seem to be causing so much excitement
> here! ;o)
>
> For me, a beef rib roast is about as good as a roast dinner can get!  For
> steaks, ribeye or t-bone.  Perhaps roast duck/goose next (though mainly
> because of the potatoes from heaven that result from the dripping!).  Aside
> from that I'm rather partial to fish/shellfish ..

"On two occasions...I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr Babbage, if you put into
the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able
rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such
a question."

*IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual
addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential,
privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem,
no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the
intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email
is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an
irritating social faux pas.

Unless the word absquatulation has been used in its correct context
somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or no
grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the
transmission of this email, although the kelpie next door is living on
borrowed time, let me tell you. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of
the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message
revealed by reading this warning backwards, so just ignore that Alert Notice
from Microsoft.

However, by pouring a complete circle of salt around yourself and your
computer you can ensure that no harm befalls you and your pets. If you have
received this email in error, please add some nutmeg and egg whites, whisk
and place in a warm oven for 40 minutes.*