From: Kurt Buff [mailto:kurt.b...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2011 1:12 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Re: AD and firewall ports

We disagree, and with your vast weight of experience, you carry the day.

Or perhaps I'm just tired of battling.

Whichever, I'm done.

I'll stand by my statement that opening up the firewall in the
proposed fashion is a very stupid decision, because it doesn't solve
the proposed problem - you might as well not have a firewall at all.

Either the machine is trusted, and can sit inside the soft chewy
center alongside the DC(s) and other machines, or it isn't trusted,
and you need to firewall it, and not allow it to reach inside the
network in the proposed fashion.

Kurt