From: David Lum [mailto:david....@nwea.org]
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2011 9:54 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: Firewall Q

Dumb question but I have to ask. Firewall rules are by and large IP specific
right? For example, if I have a rule that lets a machine talk to Windows
server at 10.100.10.100 I should be able to flip any server to that IP and
access should work right?

Specifically I have an RDS broker server that has a firewall rule for a DMZ
system to hit it, I could build a new RDS broker and just assign it
10.100.10.100 and effectively replace that server on the fly, right?

David Lum // SYSTEMS ENGINEER
NORTHWEST EVALUATION ASSOCIATION
(Desk) 503.548.5229 // (Cell) 503.267.9764