I'm considering Lasik for my left eye (my right eye is 20/12 uncorrected - I
have an astigmatism in my left eye). I've heard great stories, and I've read
about not so great experiences.

One of my co-workers had Lasik (by the same surgeon who would do my procedure)
8 years ago and claims zero regrets and no long term ill effects. I probably
wouldn't do it, because for me it would be a luxury, but I'm positioned to lose
up to $2,600 that I have siting in a Flexible Spending Account if it isn't used
by March 31 of this year (I checked, and even though the plan was for last
2010, my plan has a grace period that allows for Date of Service until March
31, 2011). The surgeon I'm considering is Karl Stonecipher, who claims having
done well over 50,000 procedures.

So, any stories, good, bad, or otherwise are welcome. I'm particularly
interested in any stories for anyone who is athletically active.

Jonathan L. Raper, A+, MCSA, MCSE
Technology Coordinator
Eagle Physicians & Associates, PA
www.eaglemds.com
jra...@eaglemds.com

Any medical information contained in this electronic message is CONFIDENTIAL
and privileged. It is unlawful for unauthorized persons to view, copy,
disclose, or disseminate CONFIDENTIAL information. This electronic message may
contain information that is confidential and/or legally privileged. It is
intended only for the use of the individual(s) and/or entity named as
recipients in the message. If you are not an intended recipient of this
message, please notify the sender immediately and delete this material from
your computer. Do not deliver, distribute or copy this message, and do not
disclose its contents or take any action in reliance on the information that it
contains.