I'll second that. Ran into this same issue the other day with a G6 with
SAS drives in it. Server did not come with a SS disc. IIRC, v8.3 and
v8.6 worked fine (was building two at once).

Older versions sat at a # prompt after HP splash screen went away.

Good luck,

Don Guyer

Windows Systems Engineer

Datasafe Platform