From: Stephen Wimberly [mailto:riverside...@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2011 5:57 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: DNS latency

I have an Active Directory domain, which means I have my own DNS environment.
For any name resolution that is not in my domain, my DNS server must pass the
request up to our ISP for resolution.  Is there a way to measure how long the
added delay might be to gain a reply?  In other words how much faster would it
be if I were pointing directly at the ISP DNS servers, not my own that forward?

Thanks In Advance!

or send an email to