> I'm saying that they looked like they were going to the the "really" right
> thing in the beginning, but I suspect that they knew all along that they
> would end up here.   They used the PR of what they were going to do to their
> advantage.

Perhaps. But I think they really did do the right thing: They're fixing the
faulty chip and getting it released ASAP. The article you posted on states:

"Only computer makers who have committed to shipping the IntelĀ® 6 Series
chipset in PC system configurations that are not impacted by the design issue
will be receiving these shipments."

Which means the chipset will only be used on systems that won't use the
effected ports. The Recall wasn't reneged.

--Matt Ross
Ephrata School District