Yeh happened all over apart from on the sites, that had brand new over
specced servers, with brand new fast PC's with an abundance of memory but
even they exhibited a measurable slowdown.

I personally do not like any software package that at 850MB when downloaded
expands to take up 8.5GB on the server within 4 days.

And the supports advise is to switch off the new features, and leave you
with the functionality of the old version, but doesn't improve performance.

It also seriously corrupted a DFS share, and database on one site, again
there are technet articles and such that state that Trend needs to be
disabled from scanning DFS databases and shares, but that was only after teh
damage was done.

Version 4 -5 issues on upgrade, and a rapid release of 5.1 to solve them. 5
- 6 serious issues on upgrade, no fix, even 6.1 didnt solve the problems.
The only fix was complete removal, and replace with a different product.

I have raised the issues with Trend, and told them we were stopping selling
their product, and would only continue renewing existing licenses who wanted
to stay with Trend, and nothing was done.

They keep phoning every couple of months, to see why were not selling and I
keep telling them, but they never respond, until its chase sales figures
time.

YMMV but they have seriously burnt my birdges, and indirectly cost my
company money, in fixing issues caused by their software.