I use it.  Like with my PC, its not something I do everyday, but when I need
it - its invaluable. If I cant do it, when I need to, its the most
frustrating thing ever.

I didnt get an iPhone by choice, and copy/paste was one of the primary
reasons that a performed my first jailbreak.  That and status
bar reoccurring notifications.

Going from Windows Mobile and Blackberry to iPhone was terribly frustrating
at first.  Apple has been listening, and adjusting.  For Microsoft to come
out the gate with a 3 year old complaint against a competitor, is mind
boggling to me.

I'm going to hazard a guess that the issue isnt about copy/paste as
a difficult to implementable feature, but its rather a lack of
sophistication of the touch-screen.  The iPhone does extremely well at
calculating intent behind how a touch occurs.

The Windows Mobile/Phone team has restricted their more refined capabilities
by removing the stylus.

--
ME2