A lack of copy and paste seems to be used by people to berate platforms they
don't like, the reasoning behind this being because it's been there since
the early versions of Windows, it should be in *any* platform worth its
salt. On a phone the only time I find I need it is when I have to send a
number to someone who's got a fairly old device, but I will admit, on these
few occasions it is pretty annoying to find that you don't have the option.

On 24 February 2011 12:57, Alan Davies <adav...@cls-services.com> wrote:

>  Copy and paste should be there - it's a very small issue and not used by
> many I would guess, but it still should have been there from launch and
> seems a silly PR loss to those who'd leverage it as a "fault" to compare.
> It seems to me that the commercial pressure to release before the Christmas
> buying frenzy took precedence.  They said from the outset that they'd
> deliver it later though.
>
>  ------------------------------

"On two occasions...I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr Babbage, if you put into
the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am not able
rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such
a question."

*IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual
addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential,
privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem,
no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the
intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email
is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an
irritating social faux pas.

Unless the word absquatulation has been used in its correct context
somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or no
grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the
transmission of this email, although the kelpie next door is living on
borrowed time, let me tell you. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of
the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message
revealed by reading this warning backwards, so just ignore that Alert Notice
from Microsoft.

However, by pouring a complete circle of salt around yourself and your
computer you can ensure that no harm befalls you and your pets. If you have
received this email in error, please add some nutmeg and egg whites, whisk
and place in a warm oven for 40 minutes.*