From: Ziots, Edward [mailto:ezi...@lifespan.org]
Sent: Monday, February 28, 2011 12:54 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Brian Krebs on security

I gotta agree with Steven’s view on this, and we all should be wise enough
to know you don’t deploy a Service pack without a lot of testing and
validation with the PC/Servers in your environment and vetting the issues to
make sure the business impact is minimal. Its just good change management.

Just because some analyst says you can get all these whiz-bang features in
the new service pack, that doesn’t mean just go out and deploy it at will,
without a lot of testing and assurances to the business you aren’t going to
bring them down with this deployment, and you always pick your least
critical systems first.

Edward E. Ziots

CISSP, Network +, Security +

Network Engineer