Paul, I think you may have hit the nail on the head. Photoshop was set to
use a maximum of like 900 some megs of RAM when there was almost twice that
much available. We've since upped the RAM and we'll see how that does...

From: Paul Hutchings [mailto:paul.hutchi...@mira.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 3:17 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Upgrade O/S or GPU?

Try some basic housekeeping first to ensure the PC is in good order and
check within Photoshop what the various scratch disk settings are – it’s
been a while but I seem to remember that in Photoshop you specifically
configure areas of disk for it to use as scratch space – OK the machine may
not be the quickest but my gut is, from your post, something is configured
wrongly rather than a simple “it’s not got enough grunt” – particularly if
his usage hasn’t really changed but it’s started doing it recently.