From: Kurt Buff [mailto:kurt.b...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 11:11 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: OTish: Network monitoring tools

All,

My manager is looking for a network/server monitoring package, which
pleases me no end. My SAlive installation if 5.0 running on a Win2k
box, and I haven't had time to do more than a token install of nagios.

However, he doesn't want open source stuff (so nagios, mrtg, jffnms,
opennms, etc. are out), and would even like a hardware appliance.

Budget isn't huge, but possible up to about $10k.

He's mentioned Netmon (http://netmon.ca) as he has experience with it,
but is casting about for other solutions.

A smaller package like SAlive is probably not what he's looking for,
nor What's Up, though he's not as averse to the latter.

Anyone have a package they're familiar with and like?

Kurt