We've been using Opsview, another Nagios based system.  Very easy to setup and
use, the development community is very strong and there are checks for almost
anything you can dream of already available.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kurt Buff [mailto:kurt.b...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 12:11 PM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: OTish: Network monitoring tools

All,

My manager is looking for a network/server monitoring package, which pleases me
no end. My SAlive installation if 5.0 running on a Win2k box, and I haven't had
time to do more than a token install of nagios.

However, he doesn't want open source stuff (so nagios, mrtg, jffnms, opennms,
etc. are out), and would even like a hardware appliance.

Budget isn't huge, but possible up to about $10k.

He's mentioned Netmon (http://netmon.ca) as he has experience with it, but is
casting about for other solutions.

A smaller package like SAlive is probably not what he's looking for, nor What's
Up, though he's not as averse to the latter.

Anyone have a package they're familiar with and like?

Kurt