I don't really know the answer so I have asked an App-V MVP and fellow CTP
for an answer.  This guy wrote the book on App-V, teaches App-V courses
around the world and was one of the first five people certified "back in the
day" by Softricity.  He is also one of the few people I know who can discuss
Windows Internals with Mark R.  I would take his answer as fairly
authoritative.

Webster