Can you disable Libraries via GPO? Please share if there is a way...libraries
are a pain for users used to the old ways

Typed frustratingly slowly on my BlackBerry® wireless device

-----Original Message-----
From: "Tom Miller" <tmil...@hnncsb.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 14:29:19
To: NT System Admin Issues<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
<ntsysadmin@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>Subject: RE: Win 7 configuration options?

We are starting the Win 7 rollout here as well.  The only two things I
added to our standard settings were 1) Disable the really annoying
"Action Center" and 2) Disable Windows Libraries.  Windows Libraries are
a neat idea, but at least in my work environment it will just add to
confusion.

I can send you GPO edits for these if you want.

Tom

>>> "Steven M. Caesare" <scaes...@caesare.com> 3/21/2011 2:25 PM >>>

Oh agreed.

We are using Group Policy for enforcing the US Government Baseline
security settings… but that’s been implemented by my network team here,
and focused specifically on the policy settings we have to implement to
comply with the mandates. But by and large it looks like the desktop
group here has had almost zero configuration definitions or best
practices for all the other Win configuration options…

I’m trying to collect whatever collateral to put in front of them that
I can on short notice to get them thinking on what they can do from a
centralized configuration perspective… do they can take a stab at
building a config document to generate an image to validate against.

-sc