From: Level 5 - Lists [mailto:li...@levelfive.us]
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2011 12:17 AM
To: NT System Admin Issues
Subject: RE: OT : Rooting Android phones

I have the evo rooted, and my wife has the shift and I rooted hers too
although there aren’t any really good custom things for it yet.

I have tried many of the different custom roms, and the wireless tether is
the primary reason I rooted mine.  Right now I run the MIUI custom rom, it
looks sort of iphone’ish but everything is very polished, fast and the
battery lasts me way longer. I was able to scrap the nascar, nfl and built
in sprint items . (Most of the custom roms rip it out)

Cyanogen is one of the more popular custom roms out there, but im not a huge
fan. I did load cm7-grx which is a custom version of customized cyanogen
heh, its running gingerbread which is what the new Google Nexus runs so I
get the sip dialing and new apps ..

Evo’s are probably the easiest to root, and seems to be a ton of custom roms
for them and I think the incredible has a lot too.