I recently had chkdsk run on a 2tb iscsi volume. I think it took about 5 hours.

Sent from my Palm Pre on the Now Network from Sprint

________________________________
On Mar 29, 2011 7:56 PM, Mike Leone <oozerd...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 3/29/2011 8:41 PM, Jonathan Link wrote:
> Then I would down the server.  Go to your SAN management make the LUN
> inaccessible via whatever method, and then restart your server, it is
> the equivalent of pulling a physical disk.

That's what the boss and I just decided. However, we also decided to
just let the CHKDSK keep running overnight - who knows, maybe the silly
thing will finish, before the employees start showing up. I will try and
get there at 6AM, and if it's not finished, I will power down the
server, unpresent the drive, and power back up. It *should* just go into
Windows (complaining the whole way, no doubt).

If the drive isn't there, it should just not run CHKDSK at all, and go
into Windows (Safe Mode?). Yes?

What we also may do is clone the *other* SAN drive (the one not being
CHKDSKed), just in case Windows does get very unhappy. However, I dunno
how long that will take.

But we're all agreed that Windows itself shouldn't be affected. The
server will complain about the disk drive not being there, but should
start normally.

What a screw up ... wish I had some way to estimate how long it will
take to check that much free space (about 1.6TB, I believe). RIght now
it's been at "Checking free space" for 90 minutes. If I knew it would
take less than 12 hours, I would worry less (because then it would be
done by 7AM) ...