On 4/7/2011 2:09 PM, Ziots, Edward wrote:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ntdebugging/archive/2006/12/18/understanding-poo
> l-consumption-and-event-id_3a00_--2020-or-2019.aspx

Great! Thanks.

> MmSt
>
> So if we see MmSt as the top tag for instance consuming far and away the
> largest amount, we can look at pooltag.txt and know that it's the memory
> manager and also using that tag in a search engine query we might get
> the more popular KB304101 which may resolve the issue!
>
> You can also use Ken's Article
> http://www.adopenstatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/archive/2006/07/10/Using-PoolMo
> n-_2800_Pool-Monitor_2900_-to-debug-kernel-memory-leaks.aspx
>
> findstr /l /m Sbap*.sys
>
> From this article it looks like Kaspersky AV filter which is the SBAP
> Poolmon tag.
> http://forum.kaspersky.com/lofiversion/index.php/t152765.html

Does not surprise me. We've had a couple servers blue screen, and the
memory dump pointed to KLIF.SYS in one of them.

> Note that the SbAp module is occupying 165577272 bytes of nonpaged
> memory.
> Performing a string search inside the WINDIR\system32\drivers\ folder
> shows that its the klif driver.

My Kaspersky guy tells me that (for this specific system, at least) we
are a bit behind on revision patches. I'll have him check the other ones
we've seen go 2019 recently.

Thanks!