Anybody running a multi-site SQL cluster? (probably SQL 2008). My boss
is trying to plan for a D/R site, and he wants to have a SQL cluster
that has nodes in both sites (here and there). But he says you have to
have an odd number of nodes. And then how do you do maintenance (i.e.,
run Windows Update and reboot one node)? Won't that leave you with an
even number of nodes, which is not allowed?

We're confused. (me more than him, since I haven't been digging into the
issue) Anyone running a multi-site SQL cluster like this, that can advise?

Thanks