One of my users has an iPhone on AT&T, and he says recently he stopped
getting data services on the phone unless he was connected to a wi-fi access
point. I have Googled the problem, but maybe I'm just not phrasing it right.
I find all sorts of info on how to tether your iPhone to wi-fi, but nothing
about not getting data services.

Caveat: I have no idea how long this problem has existed, the user just
brought it to me today. I checked and wifi is ON, but nothing in the
settings about disabling non-wifi data.