Defintely, if you are offloading your logs to another device ( which is
a good practice, then they should be secured ( encryption) (Probably AES
128bit FIPS 140-2 standard)

But I agree the auditor should give you more guidance accordingly so
that you can make a proper risk determination.

Edward E. Ziots

CISSP, Network +, Security +

Security Engineer

Lifespan Organization