I know this is a little off topic but I could not find a lyris group that
covers computer imaging.

(1) Does Anyone know of a way to speed up Symantec Ghost 11.5 Corporate
Edition imaging to portable USB drives or better imaging product for
this?  I just imaged a windows 7 Professional machine that has 32GB of hard
drive space used and it took close to 5 hours.  This is how I had it set up
scenorio I used:

D-Link 10/100 switch connected to a Client Network Interface Card (NIC)
Windows 7 Professional 32 bit Machine has a installed a 3COM PCI 3C905-TX
10/100 NIC (I use this NIC card to avoid always having to figure out and add
new PC NIC drivers to Ghost boot media/devices) on a Dell Vostro Desktop
system IPV4 on IPv6 off.  Host is a Dell Inspiron Laptop XP Professional 32
bit NIC- is Broadcom 440x 10/100.  Connected to the laptop is a Western
digital 500GB USB Drive (not sure of the speed but think it is 7200).

Method I use is on the Host Server (the Laptop) use GhostServer and boot the
client from a USB Pen Drive go to ghost
application/ghostcast/Multicast connect via predetermined Static IP.

(2)Also does anyone know if sysprep still needs to be incorporated in
Windows 7 images?

Thank You,
Darin McHenry